Monday, February 15, 2010

Awkward Family Short Story

Awkward Family Short Story: "

Before taking my boyfriend on a vacation to meet my family for the first time, I gave him what I thought was ample preparation for how “upfront” they all can be. I was driving around with my older brother and boyfriend, trying to come up with fun activities for the long weekend. I suggested we go horse back riding, but my boyfriend (who is on the extremely short side) said he hated horses. My brother, who only met him mere moments earlier, chimed in, “Why do you hate horses? You’re jockey sized.” Awkward, but not as awkward as when we arrived at my parent’s door, only to have my father shake his hand and ask if those were girls pants he was wearing. They were. Double Awkward.


(submitted by Larissa)

"

No comments:

Post a Comment